How Spark enhances Machine learning?
As technology is evolving rapidly, an organization needs to create more diverse and more user-focused data products and services, hence there is a growing need for machine learning, which develops personalized and predictive insights.
Earlier, such issues were resolved with the help of R and Python due to which organizations kept piling the data, as a result, data scientists were dedicating more time in maintaining the infrastructure rather data problems.
Machine learning library provided by Spark- M-Llib, is scalable, simple, and is easy to assimilate with other tools.
The key features of Spark are:-
- Language compatibility
Due to these features, data scientists can resolve and iterate the data issues quickly and efficiently. Hence, M-Llib had been a huge success over the past few years and is the top recommendations by data scientists.
R and Python are the popular languages that are used to solve a large number of modules or packages to resolve the complex data issues. But, with time their use has become limited as they are time-consuming. What further adds to their obsoleteness is that these languages require sampling and extensive engineering.
Spark solves these problems with the following traits:-
- Fast unified engine
- Simplicity in usage
- Quick at solving the machine learning problems
- Resolves graph computation
- Real-time and interactive query processing
- Provides many languages such as Java, Scala, even Python, and R
From the origination of the Apache Spark project, MLlib had played a significant role in Spark’s success. MLlib facilitates machine learning by:-
- Focusing on data problems and models
- Distributing systems engineering using Spark’s easy-to-use APIs
- It is a general-purpose library
- It provides algorithms
- Simplicity is one of the major advantages
- Data languages are the same as used by R and Python
- Out of the box, algorithms can be run by adjusting important knobs and switches
- Helps the business by using the same workflow
- Runs same ML code in every machine without breaking it down
- Streamlined from end to end
- Handles the multi-steps that are included in machine learning models
- With this single tool, these multi-steps are eliminated, due to which there are lower learning curves and less complex development and production environment.
All these benefits of Spark help the data professionals in solving the complex data issues with one single tool. At Neuweg, we understand machine learning and every day we strive to create solutions that help us to create better big data products.